By Young Boozer, Former Alabama State Treasurer
January 16, 2019
Earlier this week, I stepped down as Treasurer of Alabama. During my two terms, I have become a proud member and advocate of the College Savings Plans Network (CSPN). I often say that CSPN is the most amazing group with which I have worked. The people are the most passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated around.
At the Treasury Management Training Symposium in Orlando, I stated that CSPN embodies the elements of the Young Boozer Five Maxims of Life:
- “It’s amazing what can be accomplished when it doesn’t matter who gets the credit.” Anonymous said that and rightly so.
- “Do what you have to do when you ought to do it, whether you like it or not.” Paul “Bear” Bryant, former head football coach at the University of Alabama
- “Always look on the bright side of life.” Monty Python, Life of Brian
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- And last but certainly not least, “When someone gives you a gift, say, ‘Thank you.’” My mother, Phyllis Chamberlain Boozer
As I depart, to the CSPN programs for providing an outstanding product and to the members for allowing me the opportunity to serve our cause, I say, “Thank you.”
About the Author
Young Boozer is the former Treasurer of the State of Alabama. He is also the past Chair of the College Savings Plans Network. He also serves as chair of the board for Alabama’s Prepaid College Tuition Program (PACT) and Alabama’s 529 college savings program,